Holi Special: Skin & Hair Care Tips
Holi is around the corner and as we all know the harsh colors of Holi may have chemicals which can harm our hair and skin, it’s better to take few precautions before the big festival of colors damage your skin, nail, hair and eyes, which may last up to two weeks.
Here are few Holi special skin and hair care tips that would really help you:
- Mustard oil is really helpful to let the color slip away without getting onto the skin. Apply the oil all over your body and let the skin absorb it for 20-30 minutes before you join the Holi party. Further, you must use a waterproof sunscreen lotion to protect your skin.
- Apply ample amount of Petroleum Jelly on your lips, cuticles and behind your ears as well, so that the color doesn’t make direct contact with your skin.
- Paint your nails on the eve of Holi to make sure that the color doesn’t penetrate through the nails.
- In order to prevent your hair from harsh colors, apply coconut or olive oil and add a few drops of lemon juice to prevent infection caused by the chemical colors.
- To save your scalp effectively, it is good to cover your hair with cap or a bandana.
- A mixture of rosemary and jojoba oil for your hair is a good choice to prevent the harmful colors from settling down.
- It’s good to tie your hair while playing Holi because open tresses can damage your hair even more.
- Avoid facial, bleaching and waxing for a week before and after Holi event.
- Don’t take shower in too hot water after Holi because your skin is already exposed to harmful colors, don’t irritate your skin more.