Interesting Facts About Quarter- Finals of ICC World Cup 2015
After the Pakistan defeated Ireland in Adelaide and the West Indies beat the UAE in Napier, the quarter-finals line-up in the ICC World Cup 2015 was completed. Here are four quarter-finalists with their previous head-to-head matches and scores:
- South Africa vs Sri Lanka (1st quarter-final) on 18th March at Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney.
Total 62 matches were played between these two teams where 29 won by Sri Lanka and 28 won by South Africa and rest 5 matches were tie.
On South Africa tour of Sri Lanka in 2014:
- South Africa won by 82 runs in 3rd ODI
- Sri Lanka won by 87 runs in 2nd ODI
- In 1st ODI, South Africa won by 75 runs.
In the 1st quarter-finals of World Cup 2015, South Africa is hoping to break the new ground against Sri Lanka as they have lost in the semi-finals in 1999 and 2007 and also the quarter-finals in 1996 and 2011.
- Bangladesh vs India (2nd quarter-final) on 19th March at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne.
Out of total 29 matches between Bangladesh and India, 24 matches won by India and only 3 won by Bangladesh whereas 2 were tie.
On India tour of Bangladesh in 2014:
- There was no result in 3rd
- India won by 47 runs in 2nd ODI
- In 1st ODI, India won by 7 wickets.
In the past, Bangladesh have beaten India in 2 big matches i.e. World Cup 2007 and Asia Cup 2012. Of course, we couldn’t predict anything in Cricket and therefore, India wouldn’t take Bangladesh lightly. In addition, India continue their fine run as Shikhar Dhawan became the 2nd Indian batsman after Sachin Tendulkar to score two 100s as opener for India in a single World Cup.
- Australia vs Pakistan (3rd quarter-final) on 20th March at Adelaide Oval, Adelaide.
97 total matches were played between these two nations, out of which 57 won by Australia, 31 won by Pakistan and rest 9 were tie.
On Pakistan vs Australia in 2014:
- Australia won by 1 run in 3rd ODI
- Australia won by 5 wickets in 2nd ODI and
- In 1st ODI, Australia won by 93 runs.
The Pakistan’s captain after defeated Ireland admitted being under tremendous pressure to qualify the quarter-finals in this World Cup, but he says, pressure is now on Australia, who lost only one of their six pool matches.
- New Zealand vs West Indies (4th quarter-final) on 21st March at Westpac Stadium, Wellington.
Total 62 matches were played between these two teams where 23 won by New Zealand, 30 won by West Indies and rest 9 matches were tie.
On West Indies tour of New Zealand in 2013-14:
- West Indies won by 203 runs in 5th ODI
- New Zealand won by 58 runs in 4th ODI
- New Zealand won by 159 runs in 3rd ODI
- In 2nd ODI, match abandoned without a ball being bowled
- And in 1st ODI, West Indies won by 2 wickets
West Indies, Chris Gayle, believe that he will have a major impact on World Cup quarter-final against New Zealand, even when he’s only half fit in his team. He had the same back issue over the last year and sometimes he has good days and sometime bad days.
Well, the stage is set and players are ready to win. Let’s see who will reach the finals of ICC World Cup 2015?