Keep Your Kidneys Fit & Healthy on World Kidney Day & Every Day
Are your kidneys functioning properly? It’s time to look after them!
Why? Kidneys remove waste products from the body by filtering them from the blood which is essential for a long and healthy life.
- Each day as much as, 180 liters of blood gets filtered.
- Your blood gets cleaned up to 50 times daily!
- About 50 gallons of blood, your kidney filters through 140 miles of tubes every
- Once every 5 minutes, your total blood supply is filtered by the kidneys.
As per the stats- about 74% adults are unaware about the kidney diseases, its causes and symptoms as well.
Celebrated as an International Kidney Day on the second Thursday of March, the day has its own importance to spread awareness about the importance of our ‘amazing kidneys’ to our overall health.
Here, we would like to share a few ways how to keep your kidneys healthy every day.
- Reduce the risk of Chronic Kidney Disease by keeping yourself fit and active and it also reduces your blood pressure.
- Monitor your blood pressure as it is likely to cause kidney damage.
- Maintain a healthy fluid intake as consuming plenty of fluid helps the kidneys clear.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly and keep it in control.
- Avoid smoking completely. Did you know smoking slows the blood flow to the kidneys and increase the chances of kidney cancer by 50%?
- Take healthy diet and maintains a healthy weight.
- On a regular basis, don’t take over-the-counter pills. Common drugs like non- steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs cause kidney damage.
Remember, kidney diseases can’t be cured, only treated. So, keep your kidneys fit & healthy every day.