Recipe of Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani by Sanjeev Kapoor
While Biryani is not a new dish, it’s still one of the mouth-watering dishes from wonderland of Indian cuisines. It really doesn’t matter if the Biryani is of any region, what matters the most is the aroma, taste and how well it is represented. This Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani by very popular and professional chef Sanjeev Kapoor is quite rich in awesome taste. So, what are you waiting for? Cook this yummy Biryani and I bet your loved ones will love to binge on it.
Chicken (1 Kg), Saffron (8-10 strands), Onions sliced (3 large), Fresh mint leaves (1 cup), Milk (½ cup), Oil (¾ cup), Lemon juice (2 tablespoon), Yogurt (2 cups), Ginger paste (1 teaspoon), Garlic paste (1 teaspoon), Cloves (7 pieces), Cinnamon (1 stick), Bay leaves (2 pieces), Basmati rice (500 grams), Ghee (2 tablespoons), Green Chillies (finely chopped), Coriander leaves (1 cup chopped), Red chilli powder (1 tablespoon).
- Soak the saffron strands in milk and keep it aside. Heat the oil in the pan and deep fry the onions.
- Add ginger paste, red chilli powder, garlic paste, lemon juice, yogurt, half of the coriander and mint leaves in fried onions and mix well.
- Set aside to brine for two hours.
- Add the chicken to this mixture and cook on medium heat till chicken is tender.
- Along with it, boil water in a pan and add cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms and bay leaves.
- On the other side, add some salt to the rice and cook till the rice is one-third done and after that drain it and spread on a plate.
- Put the ghee in the pan and spread half of the cooked rice. Then spread the cooked chicken evenly on the rice layer. And with the remaining rice, cover the chicken layer.
- For garnishing, sprinkle the saffron milk mixture, remaining coriander and mint leaves and cover it with a lid.
- Put the pan on the stove for 15-20 minutes and serve hot.