Recipe of Yummy Tom Yum Goong
Tom Yum is a spicy and sour broth, and it’s one of the main signature dishes that defines Thai flavours.
- 20 Prawns (shrimp), medium size
- 4-5 Cups chicken broth/soup stock
- 2 Stalks fresh lemongrass, lightly pounded and sliced
- 2 Table spoons fish sauce
- 1/3 Cup sliced fresh galangal (Thai giner)
- 1/2 Cup straw mushroom or local fresh mushroom
- 6-8 Kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 4 Tablespoons lime juice
- 6 Crushed fresh Thai chili peppers
- 2 Tablespoons “prik pao” roasted chile in oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro for garnish
- Wash the prawns and shell them without removing the tails.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil. Add lemongrass, galangal and lime leaves.
- Now add mushrooms, fish sauce, prik pao and lime juice.
- Finally add prawns and fresh chili peppers cook until prawns turn pink (cooked)
Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot!
Chef de Cuisine
Sandy Lane Hotel