Surrogacy – Your Last Best Hope!
Trying your best to conceive but not able to? While you try to accuse your destiny, throughout the life because of the internal cause of this distress, without waiting much, you can simply look for other alternatives. As they say, there is always a hope and so is the case with your desire of having a baby. While you may not be pregnant but can have your child through a medium, passing on your genes. Yes, surrogacy is the next best possible answer to all the problems.
What is Surrogacy?
This refers to the process where a woman carries and gives birth to a baby in place of the couples. This is basically an agreement of carrying the pregnancy throughout, for the infertile couples, usually referred to as intended parent.
Why Opt for Surrogacy?
So, if your traditional means of conceiving have failed somehow, which also includes in-vitro fertilization, surrogacy is the last hope. The need for surrogacy usually develops when-
- There is an infection or malformation in the womb
- Womb has been removed by hysterectomy
- Failure of IVF
- Repeated miscarriages
- Conditions that makes conception risky for a woman
- Hormonal defects leading to PCOS
Types of Surrogacy
The whole system of surrogacy primarily follows two methods. It is basically the medical conditions of intended parents that actually decide which type to opt for!
- Gestational Surrogacy: In this type, the child is not related to the surrogate genetically. The embryo is created with the help of in vitro fertilization by which the surrogate mother gets pregnant. The process can be carried out by using the intended parents’ egg or sperm and also by donor egg or donor sperm. It can also be done with the help of donor embryo, but in such cases the resulting child will not be genetically related to the intended parent and also to the surrogate. The woman acting as a gestational surrogate is called gestational carriers and is the ‘birth mother’ of the child.
- Traditional Surrogacy: The main difference is that in this case, the resulting child is genetically related to the surrogate. This process involves impregnating the surrogate naturally or artificially. With the help for procedures like IVF or IUI, the surrogate is artificially inseminated with the intended fathers’ sperm. The surrogate may receive compensation other than medical expenses in such cases and is known as commercial surrogacy. And when it is just about the medical expenses, it is referred to as altruistic.
In 2016, the Surrogacy Bill was commissioned, which strictly prohibits commercial surrogacy. India has become a surrogacy hub for couples. Considering the capital city, there are many surrogacy clinics in delhi, providing you with all the options to avail this amazing process of science.
Being an intended parent, you can choose and select the surrogates. If there is any financial transaction, it is made transparent. Upon selection, the agreement is signed and acknowledged and depending on the medical conditions, either of the one type of surrogacy technique is selected. After 14 days, blood test is done to confirm the pregnancy.
Avail the opportunity and experience parenthood. There are so many best surrogacy services in delhi that will make the whole process a very easy affair. Surrogacy is just amazing and is a blessing!