Chhath Puja is a celebration of ceremonies and festivities. This custom is religiously carried on consistently in the northern states of India specially Bihar, Jharkhand, Eastern Uttar Pradesh and Nepal. It is an old Hindu celebration, committed to Lord Surya. The following top ten things which must be remembered by everybody about Chhath Puja in India 2015:
- It is the main Vedic celebration that is committed to the Sun God, why should assumed be the source of all forces. The divine force of vitality and life power is venerated to advance prosperity, improvement and success of people. It is trusted that worshipping the sun can offer you some assistance with curing a great deal of illnesses like leprosy. The celebration is about adoring and additionally expressing gratitude toward the Sun God for a time of four days. The fans who watch the quick amid this celebration are called Vrati.
- Many stories are there about Chhath Puja. It is expected that in the old times, Chhath Puja was commended by Draupadi and the Pandavas of Hastinapur with a specific end goal to tackle their issues and recapture their lost kingdom. The mantras from the Rig Veda writings are droned while adoring the sun. As the story passes by, this Puja was initially begun by Surya Putra Karna who ruled over the Anga Desh (Bhagalpur in Bihar) amid the time of Mahabharata. The exploratory history or rather the yogic history goes back to the old vedic age. The Rishis of that time utilized this system as a part of request to control from any outside method for sustenance and addition vitality straightforwardly from the beams of the sun.
- It is trusted that admirer of the Chhath take holy bath and takes after a time of restraint and get to be independent for 4 days from the family. All through the period he is accepted as the immaculate soul and sleep on the floor having single cover. It is a conviction that if a man starts to keep Chhath for once, he needs to perform it yearly and additionally pass it to his next eras and it must be skipped when there is a demise of any individual in the family that year.
- Generally, this celebration is commended twice every year, once in the summers and the second time amid the winters. The Karthik Chhath is praised amid the month of October or November and it is performed on Kartika Shukla Shashti which is the 6th day of the month of Karthika in Nepali Calendar. The Chaiti Chhath is likewise celebrated amid the summers after few days of Holi.
- Worshippers naturally offer prasad to Sun at the Chhath are sweets, Kheer, Thekua and fruits (mainly bananas) incorporated into a little bamboo tokari. The Prasad ought to be cooked without salt, onions or garlic with looked after virtue. It is a four days celebration.
- On the first day enthusiasts take bathe at a early morning in the Ganga and convey some water to their home to set up the offerings. The house is cleaned appropriately and one and only dinner a day known as kaddu-bhat is cooked.
- On the second day (the day preceding Chhath) Panchami, worshippers keeps fast for entire day and break their fast after sunset after the worship of the Earth.
- On the third (day of Chhath) individuals offer the Sanjhiya arghya at the ghat of riverbank. After that, they wear the single saree of turmeric shading. On the night of Chhath a lively occasion of Kosi is commended by lighting the lamps of dirt diyas under the covering of five sugarcane sticks.
- On the last day of the celebration, every one of the worshippers used to go to the riverbank before dawn to make offerings to the rising sun. This celebration closes when the Vratins break their 36 hours fast and the relatives approach their home to have their offer of Prasad.
- Thekua is an extraordinary part of the Chhath Puja and it is essentially a cookie made with entire wheat flour.
Aside from religious criticalness, there are lots of scientific facts joined to these ceremonies. The enthusiasts by and large supplicate at the riverbank amid dawn or dusk and it is scientifically went down with the way that, the sun based vitality has the least level of the Ultraviolet radiations amid these two timings and it is truly valuable for the body. This conventional celebration showers upon you energy and aides in detoxifying your brain, soul and body. It evacuates all the negative energies in your body.